Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MUSIC, MUSIC, MUSIC...AH, MY LOVE MUSIC!




From All the Talents God Gave Me, Music would be the first to surface! I was but 4 years old when I asked(and probably demanded)that I want to play piano! I would study under My Greek Teacher from the Conservatory of Music for 2 years without the Precious Instrument in My Home! I had a cardboard interpretation of the Keyes on the Piano. And despite the Accolades My Teacher would give me, I studied the Instrument Without the Instrument! A Pianoplayer was what I was by Nature, but despite Redford's Portrayl of Butch Cassidy and Scott Joplin's Music(ie. The Entertainer)in 'The Sting' , becoming a Pianoplayer wasn't in those days much of An Ambition, Yes because we're all supposed to be Doctors and Engineers(One of which I actually wanted to be, and it's not engineer!)  Entertaining people was not yet considered a profession but more so a DREAM and for most, an Unachievable One! Long before 'American Idol' and 'America's Got Talent', being an Artist was somewhat of a demotion;not much different from the fate of The Great Masters!  If I had Just a Quarter for every time someone told me, "But what do you really want to do with your LIFE?"  Fact remains I've Never Wanted to Do Anything else! Studying Classical Piano and Ballet would lead me to quite the Successful Acting career from the age of 12 till' 14! I worked with some of the Great Canadian Icons and almost each audition was a Job! Unfortunately Deep in My Heart was Engraved "This is not a real profession!", and so I sought Solace In My Friends(which were the Siblings I Always Longed For)and quit All the Arts that were part of me since I was a wee bitty child!  I stopped Singing, Dancing, Acting and playing the piano! Oh what would Judy Garland say(one of my musical heroes)oh yeah, she was dead;overdose I think? I would Bury All this Talent and become an Musical Introvert, Oh the Irony! I wanted to be like Rita Haywort(and everyone said I looked just like her), the 'triple threat', which Just meant you could SING, DANCE and ACT! I really didn't want to be a threat to anyone, I just wanted to be the Talent I was! Once I suppressed all my Performing Arts, I Clung to my Writing(mostly depressive poetry)mostly I wrote when I was Sad(a way to work it out)and Painting and Sketching! It was in those mediums I could hide my other talents, without judgement! As if creating garnered a microscope to be pointed at you! Well to draw and paint, I could remain Anonymous in a way! But, as I would find out years later, I would never be satisfied, for The Performer, The Entertainer, in me, would Forever Be Itching to Come Back Out! And humbly speaking, I must say, It Is Now Completely Out, as I embark Back 'On Down the Road', and Explore My GOD GIVEN TALENTS(once again)this time around...I won't Hold Back!
GODSPEED, ANGELOFLIGHT!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment